A broken plumbing pipe in your home will strike fear into even the handiest of homeowners. The potential for massive damage to your home and even danger to the health of everyone in your home should be at the front of your mind. Even a small leak is a very serious matter and should be repaired by a professional. The highly skilled tradesmen at Metroplex Leak and Line Locators have been solving Mesquite, TX homeowners plumbing issues for three decades. A single call to 214-388-4525 is the first step in repairing your leak and minimizing the damage to your home and the danger to your loved ones.
Warning Signs Of A Broken Plumbing Pipe
Some broken pipes are easy to spot. You will see a puddle on the floor, water running down a wall or dripping from the ceiling. But other leaks can be much more challenging to detect. Some clues can be heard when a pipe becomes worn or damaged. These sounds can include:
- Whistling occurs when a pipe is dented and causes water pressure to increase.
- Bubbling or backing up can occur when a pipe is broken and air cannot pass through the sewer line. You could notice the toilet bubbling when it is not being flushed or liquid coming out of the drain in a shower, tub or sink.
- Banging sounds occur when a pipe is completely severed and is actually moving when fluid passes through the two pieces of the pipe.
Your sense of smell will also alert you to a potential leak or broken pipe in many cases. When a sewage pipe is leaking, even just slightly, there can be a pungent, sour or foul smell even when there is no visible liquid. This comes from from the gasses that are created from human and other forms of waste.
Never ignore this unmistakable smell. Your sewage pipes could be in the early stages of a backup, and fast action can prevent a great deal of damage and expensive repairs. Contact the professionals at Metroplex Leak and Line Locators by calling 214-388-4525. A technician will be able to inspect the sewer lines with a special detection camera to determine the issue and immediately provide you with a quote for the necessary repairs.
Dangers Of Supply Line Broken Pipes
All plumbing pipes and fixtures can begin to wear as time passes. They are also subject to damage from the shifting of your home over time or the expansion and contraction of the soil that surrounds them. In these cases, a small leak normally forms first, and it might not be very noticeable. Some of the signs of broken supply lines include:
- Lower than normal water pressure
- Lack of water volume- most often noticed in a shower
- Water hammer, banging sounds in the pipes when you turn on a water faucet or many air bubbles in the water
- You might also see a sudden and unexplainable increase in your water bill to indicate that you have a water leak
All of these signs can be pointing to a very serious issue. An immediate call to 214-388-4525 is your best plan of action. A Metroplex Leak and Line Locators technician will be dispatched to your home to locate the leak and provide you with an instant quote to repair the problem. This fast action can help to minimize any water damage to your home and further costs for those repairs.
The Metroplex Leak and Line Locators team has been providing quality plumbing service in the Mesquite, TX area for 30 years. Our commitment to quality service and professionalism, as well as our dedication to our customers, is the reason for our success and why you should trust Metroplex Leak and Line Locators for all of your plumbing needs.